AKA’s PROC Foundation to present 8 young men
11/15/2018, 6 a.m.
Eight young men will be presented at the 24th Annual PROC Beautillion on Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
The young men, all high school juniors and seniors, were recommended by a teacher or school administrator and a community representative to participate in the eight-month program featuring educational, social and cultural experiences.
The program is sponsored by Professionals Reaching Out to the Community Foundation, the fundraising arm of the Pi Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
Participants have an opportunity to earn scholarships and book awards for college.
The program culminates this weekend with a black-tie event. The theme: “Young Men Empowered to Make a Difference.”
The 2018 Beautillion participants:
• Quinton Xavier Bell, a junior who is home-schooled, son of Ms. Mary A. Bell. His escort is Santia Fields.
• Christopher Isaiah Josephs, a senior at Thomas Jefferson High School, son of Ms. Vanessa Johnson and the nephew of Mr. Kenneth M. Johnson. His escort is Ariel R. Moore.
• Alphonsus Gerard-Cameron Kirksey Jr., a senior at Hermitage High School, son of Mr. Alphonsus G. Kirksey Sr. and Ms. Donna Cowens. His escort is Monique A. Hunt.
• Ronald Ray Lockett Jr., a senior at Meadowbrook High School, son of the late Mr. Ronald R. Lockett Sr., Mrs. Brandy E. Lockett and Mr. Danny E. King. His escort is Brittney S. Lockett.
• Devin Thomas Page, a senior at Glen Allen High School, son of Mr. and Mrs. Bentley Page. His escort is Sadae J. Ridley.
• Kristopher Jordan Ridley, a senior at Henrico High School, son of Mr. Kevin Ridley and Dr. Kimberly Ridley. His escort is Halie A. Fox.
• Perry Edmond Scott, a senior at Glen Allen High School, son of Ms. Patricia A. Perry and Mr. Anthony F. Scott. His escort is Zaria D. Johnson.
• Sean Isaac Taylor, a junior at L.C. Bird High School, son of Mr. Vaughn J. Taylor and Mrs. Michelle Jones. His escort is Morgan R. Farrar.
The application deadline for next year’s Beautillion is March 31.
For information and application details, contact Brenda J. Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 740-6162.